There are a few simple things that summer camps can do to make the most of marketing themselves on their Facebook Fan Page. 10 Things Every Camp Should Do on Facebook
- Make sure that your landing page includes a Welcome video - preferably from the campers
- Include a picture in every post. That will make you stick out on people's newsfeed (their wall)
- Allow Fans to sign up for your newsletter directly on your Page
- Post and tag alumni photos weekly. You will be surprised at the amount of traffic and new fans this will generate
- Use Facebook ads to draw attention to your camp
- Schedule your updates (using a program like Hootsuite) so that they come out around 2:30 in the afternoon. That is when the most people are using Facebook
- Claim your Place
- Ask a question twice a week. A good question about people's camp experience will draw them back to your page (which Facebook likes and therefore helps you show up in searches better)
- Add the Reviews Application and ask camp families to review you
- Have a tab that allows people to request more information about camp. This will allow you to gather the information of people interested in sending their kids to your camp.
Stay tuned to CampHacker for more information in the coming months about using Facebook for effective summer camp marketing.