Creating a great evening program or special event at camp
I like to challenge camp staff and ask them what their favourite memories are from the times they were a camper. Inevitably, they will tell me about a spectacular kitchen raid or the time their counsellors took them into the woods to make up games for the afternoon.
THAT, my camp friends, is exactly what we need more of. I have always loved what Jim Penner, a camp mentor of mine, said about program: I can run an amazing camp in a parking lot with the right people. Those people are the ones who don't just take their campers from program to program but are always trying something new and creative.
What was the best camp program you remember from when you were a kid?
Tool of the Week – make yourself a better Camp Director
- Gab - Make an awesome notebook
- Joe - Teamwork and Teamplay
- Dan - Kay Park Fire Ring
- Moose - The Fairy Houses
- Travis - Lycra Tube
(please note: Amazon products are affiliate links)
- Gabrielle Raill, Director at Camp Ouareau
- Joe Richards, Executive Director at Pearce Williams Christian Centre
- Travis Allison, Summer Camp Leadership and Marketing Consultant at Walking Maverick
- Dan Wier, Director of Camping Services at Frost Valley Y
- Curt "Moose" Jackson from SummerCampProgramDirector.com
Thanks for the evening, friends.