How to interview staff for a summer job
In this episode Dan, Gab, Joe and I take some time to talk through their interview processes. When you listen you'll hear just how differently each camp does it and get some great ideas for your own hiring.
It's funny how circumstances have meant such a different process for each of us: for Dan does a lot of Skype interviews, Gab talks to each person new to Ouareau at least 3 times, Joe meets everyone in person, at the camp that Beth & I used to direct we didn't do interviews but had a different process all-together.
I think you'll get at lot out of this one!
What did you do at your camp to make sure you get the right people for the job? Leave us an answer in the comments below.
Tool of the Week - Something that you use to make yourself a better Camp Director
- Dan - Qik - live video streaming from your phone
- Gab - Basecamp - project management
- Joe - DIY Props and Clown Gear
- Travis - Posterous
- Joe Richards, Administrative Director at Pearce Williams Christian Centre
- Travis Allison, Summer Camp Leadership and Marketing Consultant at Walking Maverick
- Dan Weir, Director at Frost Valley YMCA
- Gabrielle Raill, Director at Camp Ouareau
- And plus...
- For the best source of summer camp information on Facebook become a fan of CampHacker.
- If you are interested in more educational information about running a summer camp join our free email newsletter for summer camp leaders free email newsletter for summer camp leaders.
Thanks for the evening, friends.