Travis Allison is a driven, passionate and charismatic multi-media professional. He is active as professional speaker, marketeer, consultant and photographer catering to diverse customers, including summer camps and private schools.
Hailing from Woodstock, ON, Canada, Travis set out to gain extensive know-how and expertise within areas such as community-building, blogging and online marketing, providing PR and marketing services for his customers.
Feel free to get in touch for further details: firstname.lastname@example.org
10 Things You Don't Know About Travis
- I lied to my campers. I have 2 scars on my torso from having moles removed when I was young... I used to tell my campers that my friend Davey Bowring shot me when I was 12 (but it was TOTALLY an accident).
- I will find any excuse in the world to miss the rowdy part of campfire... and sneak in for the quiet songs with all the harmonies.
- Speaking of music: I used to make our staff to tune all of their instruments to MY guitar. I had a good reason! I used a tuner and wanted everyone to be able to get comfortable playing along in a group but couldn't stand it when the instruments were just a little bit out of tune.
- I would give "farm kids" way more credit in the staff hiring process than "city kids". I thought they were better at working hard and problem solving. This conclusion came, partly, from experiences and partly my own farm kid bias.
- I own more cameras than I own socks.
- Four generations of my family have been campers at Camp Kintail.
I'm never without a pen and notebook.
Everyday I miss the part of being a camp director where I go to work with my hands. Somedays, I feel like I type for a living.
Growing up in a small village, with cousins I hung out with everyday, a tight church community, and people that I went to school with for 14 years has pushed me to build communities (such as the Summer Camp Professionals and Go Camp Pro) in every way I can.
Being at camp with our family and cooking for the staff on their first Orientation weekend makes me so happy I sometimes find myself getting teary.