Money is a constant worry for a camp director - where will we get it, will it come in on time, will there be enough?
This week's CampHacker episode focuses on raising money for summer camp. Dan, Joe and Paul each have different strategies to share in this episode: Frost Valley is raising money, using social media, to rebuild after Hurricane Irene, Four Winds has a full-time Development Officer who helps find large donations and Pearce Williams is very successful at getting grant money.
Even if you run a private camp and aren't involved in direct fundraising it will be worth listening and thinking of groups that you could partner with on projects that may involve raising money or getting a grant.
What do you do to raise money to support your camp program?
Tool of the Week – make yourself a better Camp Director
- Dan - Ultra Carpetball Plans
- Joe - Group Imagining for banners and displays
- Paul - Create a Gmail label called "Good Copy"
- Travis - Pocket Informant for iPad and iPhone
(please note: Amazon products are affiliate links)
- Dan Weir, Director at Frost Valley YMCA
- Joe Richards, Executive Director at Pearce Williams Christian Centre
- Paul Sheridan, Director at Four Winds * Westward Ho camp
- Travis Allison, Summer Camp Leadership and Marketing Consultant at Walking Maverick