Since it was just Gab and I, we decided that for this podcast, we would focus on a rapid-fire back-and-forth list of great ideas that we have tried for hiring staff.
I'm really excited to offer the #CampPros this list of our 10 Top Tips:
1. Re-interview your returning staff
2. Hire the people you've fired
3. Lessen the gap between expectation and reality
4. Include a creative project in your applications
5. Train your staff in the hiring process and have them help you hire
6. Have a staff hiring day to truly understand how they work together
7. Ask questions that begin with "tell me about a time when..."
8. Set alerts on TalkWalker.com to be notified when something is posted about your staff
9. Set the bar and stick to it
10. Hire for the person, not the position
Tool of the Week – Make yourself a better Camp Director
Rate and Review the CampHacker Show in iTunes (It helps! It really, really helps!)
Thanks for the evening, friends.