Marketing summer camp to the decision makers: Moms
As summer camp leaders we need to market to moms in order to reach the person in the house who has the greatest influence on purchasing decisions.
In this CampHacker Podcast we talk about ways that camps can be as effective as possible at reaching out to mothers of camp-aged children. We addressed online tools such as Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest and discussed some basic camp marketing strategies that have worked well for other camps.
Thank you to Jessica Smith from CampEasy.com for joining us and adding so much to the discussion today.
Jessica was kind enough to send us along some Google Alert recipes for you to try:
- "sleepaway camp" -camping (to get Google alerts around news, blogs, and conversations for sleepaway camp but not camping)
- "homesick at camp" (this will search for the phrase in quotes)
- "packing for camp"
- summer + camp (results will include both keywords)
- sleepaway OR "day camp" (will search for either/or)
What do you know about who does the “buying” with your camp families?
Please leave us a note in the comments below or tweet us @CampHacker with your suggestion.
Tool of the Week – Make yourself a better Camp Director
- Travis Allison, Summer Camp Consultant - CampHacker.org
- Joe Richards, Executive Director - Pearce Williams Christian Centre
- Jessica Smith, Vice President Sales & Marketing, CampEasy